- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs or fresh herbs to taste, I suggest a garlic herb mixture but you could also go a dill or parsley route
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 onion, any color
- Preheat your oven’s broiler and set oven rack to 6 inches below broiler
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and seasonings in bowl, set aside to blend. Slice the zucchini and squash as thin as you can (1/16-1/8″).
- Slice onion into thicker, arched slices, lengthwise.
- Add vegetables to oil and vinegar mixture tossing until evenly coated on all sides. You may need to do this in batches.
- Spoon into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Broil for 10 minutes. Remove foil and broil until tender and browned on top, about 10 additional minutes.