Taking part in a holiday detox will empower you to stay energized and keep you sparkling all season long.
If you run your car with dirty oil, does it sputter and spat? Yup, the same thing happens to our bodies. Give your body the gentle flush it needs to keep you running like a well oiled machine. You can detoxify without harsh enemas and colon cleanses (although I love these and promise to introduce them to you in future newsletters).
Want my favorite concoction to gently keeps your body in amazing shape and still eat a few delicious holiday treats without contracting FLC syndrome (feeling like crap)? Instead of a packaged expensive detoxification potion, you can naturally and easily flush your body of toxins with my two not so secret herbs, cilantro and parsley for an amazing holiday detox.
Quick and Easy Ways to Enjoy Parsley and Cilantro
To create miraculous healing with these two amazing herbs, you need to eat them in large amounts.
Add these herbs to smoothies, salads, and soups, or mix up a parsley and cilantro pesto dip and enjoy three to four tablespoons a day. You can also create a very simple detox drink. These delicious and delightful parsley/cilantro recipes will keep your body humming throughout the holiday season.
- Cilantro is an amazing detoxifier. It binds to heavy metals, purifying your tissues, organs, and blood.
- Improves digestion, kills bacteria and guards against the onslaught of free radicals that hasten aging and promote disease.
- Lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels and it supports healthy cardiovascular function.
- Lowers anxiety and improves sleep.
- Settles digestive upset.
- Can prevent food poisoning.
- Contains all the chelating vitamins and minerals essential for detox: vitamin C, beta-carotene, chlorophyll, vitamin K, and folate.
- Boosts levels of the master antioxidant glutathione, which prevents chronic diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
- Batural blood sugar balancer, and it protects against insulin resistance.
- Acts as a natural diuretic
- Helps eliminate salt that has built up in the kidneys, thereby purging the body of accumulated poisons like mercury, cadmium, and lead.
Cilantro & Chlorophyll Detox:
Eaten too much? Drank more than your share? Here is a very tasty way to detox your beautiful body.
1. Drink lemon juice combined with chlorophyll and water throughout the day. You can purchase liquid chlorophyll on Amazon at: http://amzn.to/2g7zNxc
2. Eat 2 to 4 tablespoons of the parsley/cilantro pesto recipe below. Spread it on anything your eating to add delicious cleansing decadence to your diet.
Cilantro Parsley Chelation Pesto Recipe
4 cloves garlic (major cleanser)
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups packed fresh cilantro (vitamin A)
2 cups packed fresh parsley
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dulse powder
1/4 cup flaxseeds
Sea salt to taste
1. Process the cilantro, garlic, nuts, seeds, dulse, olive oil and lemon juice and salt in a blender until finely minced. Enjoy! Make this a regular in your daily diet and holiday detox routine.
Detoxifying Cilantro/Parsley Smoothie
Total Time: 5 minutes
4 Celery Stalks
1 cup packed parsley
1 cup cilantro
1 cup Pineapple
1/2 Green Apple
1 cup Spinach
1 knob Ginger
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Gently stir juice and consume immediately.
Lime Cilantro Parsley Coleslaw Recipe
This fresh coleslaw recipe comes together quickly, and is brightened with the addition of cilantro.
1 head Savoy cabbage
½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Sea salt & black pepper
Shave the cabbage into thin ribbons. Cut the scallions lengthwise into long strands, similar to the cabbage.
Combine the cabbage, scallions, and cilantro in a bowl and toss.
Mix the olive oil, honey and lime juice well. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Toss with cabbage mixture, and enjoy.
Have you ever tried detoxing? What’s your favorite holiday detox? Comment down below!
Big love for your best health ever,