- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups of any green vegetable that you love
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or additional sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed, if using canned)
- salt/pepper to taste
Almond Butter Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup gluten free organic tamari
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 Serrano chili pepper
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce (sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, garlic cloves, chili, almond butter) until creamy and smooth.
- Toss all the vegetables except the carrots with 1-teaspoon sesame or olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until just tender.
- To assemble, divide the brown rice among 4 bowls, top each bowl with ¼ cup shredded carrots, ½ cup cooked vegetables, ¼ cup garbanzo beans. Drizzle with remaining almond sauce.